Recipe: Baby Beef Stew

 Baby Beef Stew
Our little man is a true lover of meat and potatoes, just like his mommy. Since I've been working, I've been all about trying to save time and found that the crock pot is the answer. It's been a lifesaver! Here's our super delicious and protein-filled recipe for super easy beef stew.

Ingredients:
4 large russet potatoes
6 carrots
1 onion
1 chuck roast or sirloin (2-3lbs)
1/4 cup of water 
(2-3 zucchini's if you wanted to make it more colorful)

Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours. I may not be a great cook because I love cooking everything on high, but it really makes a difference in the tenderness of the meat in this case.


I've noticed that usually babies try turkey, then chicken, then beef. We started with chicken and veal and then did beef. We began offering meats after veggies and fruits at about 7 months.
The first few times I made it, I didn't use any spices. Now that Max is 13 months, I add a half a package of the Lipton Onion Soup to the Mix and sometimes a couple cloves of garlic.

Then comes the more time consuming part - blending. One roast usually yields a lot - roughly 70 oz of beef. I usually transfer to a large glass bowl and make the first portion fresh. Then, after he goes to bed, I blend the rest using some water to make it less thick. I then freeze the rest and reheat either in hot water (I've almost abandoned that entirely) or in a glass bowl in the microwave. We love this recipe because it's delicious, easy to make, and yields a ton! Max will usually eat 4-6 oz for dinner and loves it!

Also, if you have cleaning out the crock pot afterwards, I'd recommend using the Slow Cooker Liners. They're great and unfortunately, I run out all the time. There's less mess to clean up and you can just transfer the bag into a large glass bowl until the stew cools.



Share this

Related Posts