Making Stage One (Stage 1) Baby Food - Zucchini (Steamed)

Zucchini 


We are on to our next squash...zucchini! Cooking zucchini is super easy and it's a great veggie to try (I guess technically, it's a fruit, but whatevs). If your baby is less than 6 months old, you may want to remove the skins from the zucchini because younger babies may have a hard time digesting the skins. However, most of the nutrients are found in the skin.

I purchased these organic and the prep is really easy!

1). Wash/clean your food cooking area and the zucchini.

2). The next step is to, cut off the tops and ends of each zucchini.


3). Toss the ends and slice each zucchini into rings.


4). I used my veggie steamer and steamed them in a cup and a half of water for about 20 minutes.


5). Simply blend! No additional liquid needed, as zucchini are pretty watery. They will freeze and look a bit watery, too.


I did not add any liquid and three zucchini's yielded about 13oz.


The one thing to keep in mind is that zucchini is pretty bland in taste. Max ate it, but he didn't LOVE it, I think it might be because it wasn't sweet enough. The next time I offered it, I mixed it with sweet potatoes, which I already know he loves and he ate it up! However, you could always mix with breastmilk or formula, and cereal.

Share this

Related Posts